We are regulated under the National Quality Framework including the Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and the Education and Care Services National Regulations 2011.
Our Pre-school has a rating of ‘Exceeding National Quality Standard’ which means going ‘above and beyond’ what is expected. Our service was assessed and was shown to go beyond meeting the requirements of the National Quality Standard in at least 4 of the 7 quality areas, with at least two of these being quality areas 1, 5, 6, or 7.
All of our policy hard copies are kept in a blue folder at the sign-in table in the foyer area and are available for parents to read. Please find below a list of all our policies, some are linked below and you can also email the kinder to request a policy in pdf format.
The Victorian Government’s ‘No Jab, No Play‘ legislation commenced on 1 January 2016. The requirements of this legislation are covered in our Dealing with Infectious Diseases Policy.
We also have a commitment to zero tolerance to child abuse, please see more here.
General Definitions used in the Policies.
- Curriculum Development Policy
- Inclusion and Equity Policy
- Acceptance and Refusal of Authorisations Policy
- Child Safe (Formerly Child Protection) Policy
- Child Safe Environment Policy
- Delivery and Collection of Children Policy
- Emergency and Evacuation Policy
- Excursions and Service Events Policy
- Food Safety Policy
- Hygiene Policy
- Nutrition and Active Play Policy
- Relaxation and Sleep Policy
- Road Safety and Safe Transport Policy
- Sun Protection Policy
- Supervision of Children Policy
- Water Safety Policy
Management of Medical Conditions
- Administration of First Aid Policy
- Administration of Medication Policy
- Dealing with Medical Conditions Policy
- Anaphylaxis Policy
->Attachment 4 (First Aid Treatment for Anaphylaxis)
- Asthma Policy
- Diabetes Policy
- Epilepsy Policy
- Dealing with Infectious Diseases Policy
->Exclusion periods for infectious diseases (Dept. of Health)
- Incident, Injury, Trauma and Illness Policy
- Medical Communications Policy
- Environmental Sustainability Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Code of Conduct Policy
- Employment Policy
- Determining Responsible Person Policy
- Participation of Volunteers and Students Policy
- Staffing Policy
- Interactions with Children Policy
- Complaints and Grievances policy – If you would like to provide West Hawthorn Pre-school with feedback, make a complaint or lodge a grievance please contact our office. Our Complaints and Grievances policy can be made available on request.
- Fees Policy
- Governance and Management of the Service Policy
- Information and Communication Technology Policy
- Privacy and Confidentiality Policy